The Madrid Government has approved the work calendar of the Community of Madrid for 2022, which will have 12 holidays, with another two local holidays to be added by each municipality in the region.
The working calendar for 2022 incorporates several national holidays, among others, those of April 14th and 15th, Thursday and Good Friday; as well as Monday, July 25th, the Day of St. James; Wednesday, October 12th, Hispanic Day; and Monday, December 26th, which will be one more business holiday as Christmas Day falls on Sunday.
- January 1 (Saturday). New Year.
- January 6 (Thursday). Epiphany.
- April 14th. Holy Thursday.
- April 15. Holy Friday.
- May 2 (Monday). Festival of the Community of Madrid.
- July 25 (Monday). St. James’ Day.
- August 15 (Monday). Assumption of the Virgin.
- October 12 (Wednesday). Hispanic Day.
- November 1 (Tuesday). All Saints’ Day.
- December 6 (Tuesday). Spanish Constitution Day.
- December 8 (Thursday). Immaculate Conception.
- December 26 (Monday). Transfer of the rest day of December 25, Sunday, Christmas Day.
In addition to these twelve days, two additional local holidays determined by the Madrid city councils will be held in each municipality. On our link below, we show the probable two local days for the city of Madrid.