The Official Gazette of Castilla-La Mancha has published the decree of the Ministry of Economy, Business and Employment that sets the work calendar for the year 2020 in this Spanish autonomous community.
As November 1st falls on a Sunday, the holiday is moved to Easter Monday, creating a long five day weekend in mid-April.
Most Spanish regions are moving the holiday for Constitution Day from Sunday December 6th to Monday December 7th to create a four day weekend with Immaculate Conception falling on Tuesday December 8th. In Castilla la-Mancha, the holiday for Constitution day is substituted by Corpus Christi on Thursday June 11th.
These are the public holidays that will be observed in Castilla-La Mancha in 2020.
- Wednesday January 1st, New Year
- Monday January 6th, Epiphany
- Thursday March 19th, St. Joseph’s Day
- Thursday April 9th, Holy Thursday.
- Friday April 10th , Good Friday.
- Monday April 13 , Easter Monday. Replaces the holiday corresponding to November 1, Feast of all Saints.
- Friday May 1st , Labor Day
- June 11th, Corpus Christi. Replaces the holiday corresponding to December 6th, Spanish Constitution Day.
- Saturday August 15th, Assumption of the Virgin
- Monday October 12th, National Holiday of Spain
- Tuesday December 8th, Immaculate Conception
- Friday December 25th, Nativity of the Lord
The regional holidays of Castilla-La Mancha are chosen in consultation with trade unions and business organisations in the region and with the Catholic Church are March 19th, April 13th and June 11th.